ATM respects the privacy of every individual who visits its websites and any information collected about you will firstly be used to fulfil any service you might request and secondly to improve how as a company we serve you. We do this by making appropriate use of the information.
This information will not be disclosed to anyone outside of ATM, its affiliated or associated companies, its agencies, dealers or licensees, and other companies with which ATM has arranged services for your benefit and any assignees, transferees or replacements of the above referred parties. It will be treated in accordance with the legal provisions under UAE law concerning data protection.
If you have any specific questions that are not covered on this page, please mail your enquiry to:
Information we may collect
We collect information supplied by you via the Website, other websites operated by us or any of our Website customer service channels including without limitation on the phone, via email, or via our Live Chat feature (where available). We also collect information when you visit our Website, other websites operated by us or from third parties authorised to share your information with us. We and our authorised service providers may collect some of this information even if you are not a registered user. This information may include:
- Contact and personal details such as: name, delivery address, phone number, email address, billing and payment information, date of birth, gender and nationality
- Website statistical information such as: your location, the URL you use to access the Website, browser or device type/unique fingerprint, your computer’s IP address and domain type, which pages you visited, search terms you entered, items you clicked on
- Information from third parties such as: payment providers or through the Amber Program
- Information you supply to us via online or offline surveys or product registration
Where you provide the information of a third party to us, you are confirming that you have their consent to do so.
Our Website uses first party cookies (very small files that are sent by us to your computer or other access device) and other similar technologies which we can access when you visit our Website in the future. We may also use third party cookies.
There are five types of cookies:
Website functionality cookies
These cookies enable you to browse the Website and use our features such as shopping baskets
Website analytics cookies
We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our customers use the Website. This allows us to continuously improve our Website and your shopping experience.
Customer preference cookies
When browsing or shopping online, the Website will remember your preferences (for example your user name, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal to you.
Targeting cookies or advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. In addition, they limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as helping us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
Third-party service provider cookies
We may work with third party companies whom we authorize to place third-party cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies for storing information on the Website. These service providers help us to provide you with a better, faster, and safer experience. These service providers may use these technologies in the ways described above and in addition may help us and you to avoid fraud.
By using our Website you agree that we and they can place these types of cookies on your device and access them whenever you visit the Website or other websites operated by us.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website.
How we use information
We may use your information including for the following purposes:
- For any purpose associated with the provision of any service you request from us
- To verify and execute financial transactions you make through the Website or performing fraud detection
- To assist you with your customer service queries or provide information you have requested
- For analytical or statistical purposes
- For marketing purposes including communicating promotional information about us, our partners and our websites, through newsletters and re-marketing ads. This is subject to whether you have opted out of receiving such communications
- To improve our service offering or Website
- To combine it with information we already hold lawfully through other sources
- To protect our rights, safety or the safety of others including for fraud prevention
- For any purpose required by law or regulation
We may offer a Live Chat feature to assist you with queries you may have. Where available we may record and store all chat conversations. These transcripts are only accessed for customer service purposes.
Who may we share information with
We may share your information with any of the following:
- Our group companies
- Service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as: payment processing, information technology, Website maintenance, surveys and market research, warehousing and logistics, couriers, advertising and marketing
- Our professional services providers such as: legal, audit, financial and insurance advisers
- Any assignee, successor operator or prospective purchaser of the Website or of us
- Any legal, regulatory, law enforcement, government or municipal bodies
- Any gift recipient or provider of any warranty in relation to any future order that you may place with us
Contacting Us and Opting Out of certain communications
Whenever you receive a marketing communication or newsletter from us (which may be by email, SMS, push notification, telephone or direct mail), you will be given an opportunity to unsubscribe. In addition, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us as described above.
You may also request rectification of any incorrect data displayed in your online Account by contacting us or in certain cases, you may be able to directly amend certain information online.
Measures we put in place to protect your data
Information you provide to us via our Website is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out through our Website will be encrypted using Secure Socket Layer technology.
We have implemented various steps to safeguard the integrity of our information technology infrastructure, including by implementing authentication, monitoring, auditing, and encryption technology. Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation, and day-to-day operations of the Website as part of our continuing commitment to the security of electronic content and the electronic transmission of information. Despite such efforts, generally the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and its security can never be guaranteed. Any transmission of data via our Website is therefore carried out at your own risk.
Your data may be transferred to, and stored in or outside, the United Arab Emirates. In submitting your data to us and using our Website, you acknowledge that your data may be sent to countries with differing levels of laws in the field of personal data protection. We require all third parties to whom any personal data is disclosed to keep it secure, treat it as confidential and use it only for the purposes agreed with us.
Third Party Websites